Without doubt the United States cultural diversity has contributed to and endless supply of new blended food flavors appearing in every retail food sector from street food to fine dinning. If your creating a new menu here are the “top five” trends for 2010 defined by Giorgi Di Lemis vice president of F& B for Benchmark Hospitality International:
1. Trend #1 Cultural Diversity and Authenticity Reign Supreme
2. Trend # 2 Health and Wellness Begin at Home
3. Trend # 3 Biodiversity, Sustainability, Family Farms and Beekeepers
4. Trend # 4 The Future of American Flavors is the World
5. Trend # 5 Social Media is revolutionizing Restaurant Menus and Service
Within the grocerant niche Mix & Match flavors from around the world continue to contribute greatly to consumer’s positive reaction. Retailers that embrace traditional food products then empower consumer customization via mix & match component bundling will continue to garner new customers.
Outside eyes can deliver top line insights and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions to provide brand and product positioning assistance or a grocerant program assessment. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven A. Johnson and Foodservice Solutions visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or on Facebook at Steven Johnson