Foodservice Solutions® Steven Johnson was the one who identified, quantified, and qualified the Grocerant niche back in the day. In fact Johnson also came up with the name Grocerant to help explain the undercurrents of the evolving foodservice path to purchase.
Since 1991 Johnson has studied, followed walked through, shopped, and sampled fresh food and consulted for food retailers around the world helping to drive incremental success.
The undercurrents driving the success of the grocerant niche in 2018 continue to be the consumer according to Johnson. The top five key consumer drivers for retail grocerant success today are:
1. Time = Fresh Food Fast (Speed of Service)
2. Digital Footprint designed for Grab-N-Go Ease (Mobile Payment)
3. Visceral Meal Component Mix & Match Bundling (Emotional Customization = Choice)
4. Meal Kits both Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat (Cook or No Cooking Single Serve & Family Size)
5. Deserts & Snacking Items that complement each day-part (Reward Drives Frequency)
Today retailers that utilize Foodservice Solutions® FIVE P’s of Food Marketing while integrating new menu items can drive incremental customer migration. How are to incorporating the key into your brands offerings?
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant Program Assessment, Grocerant ScoreCard, or for product positioning or placement assistance, or call our Grocerant Guru®. Since 1991 of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: or 253-759-7869