Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh and prepared grocerant niche food had been growing in popularity and now it is getting noticed.
Kay Logsdon, editor in chief of The Food Channel published the Top 5 gourmet food trends for 2011:
The Top 5 gourmet foods trends for 2011 include:
1. Chocolate for Breakfast—Tea, Belgian waffles, granola and hot chocolate on a stick.
2. Foods for Healing—Ancient healing teas, Blackwater with 77 minerals, aloe and cucumber drinks, plus micro-batches of healthful beverages.
3. New Noodles—Yam, kelp, farro and spelt.
4. Heat with Flavor—Ghost peppers, yuzu-wasabi sauce and piquillo almond glop.
5. Creative Chips—Pinto beans, naan, peas, mung beans, kale and wild rice.
Logsdon noted that :“Breakfast is certainly hot including alternative grains and portability," …the intensity of the spice has certainly been increased in almost everything." Bold flavors and portability have been mainstays on this blog as many of you know. We have a large following via Linkedin and Facebook including food editors and Wall Street types. Success leaves clue, thank you for reading and sharing.
Outside eyes can deliver top line sales and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions® to provide brand and product positioning assistance or a grocerant program assessment. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven A. Johnson and Foodservice Solutions® visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant