“My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it.” Is a line made famous by comedian Stephen Wright?
Take it or leave it has come and gone. Today all food consumers are empowered with choice driven by preferences in flavor profiles, portion size, packaging and portability. Below are 5 clues on who and where the migration is occurring. Do you understand who is winning garnering customers?
- U.S. consumers under the age of 25 spend an average of 40.9% of their food expenditures on food away from the home The Food Institute reported May 11, 2012.
- Americans ages 23-34 spent 45.2% of food expenditures away from home the same report found.
- Here is the kicker, those ages 75 and up spent the least at 31.8% all this and more can be found in The Food Institute’s 2012 edition of its Demographics of Consumer Spending report.
- Restaurants in France are increasingly offering “café gourmand,” a desert dish featuring an espresso and multiple small desserts on a single plate. Mix and Match bundling anyone!
- Emeril Lagasse opened e2 Go a new carryout-only extension of the e2 Emeril brand.
The grocerant niche is filled with ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh and prepared meal components. Around the world consumers are refocusing how, where and when they chose to buy food. Are you positioned within your niche to build sales?
Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities or a brand leveraging integration strategy. Foodservice Solutions of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant.