Food retailers are clamming for Millennial’s. The Mobile-First Generation, Millennial’s are in search of discovery and they look first at their phone. Food Marketing must begin on-mobile too end up in the hand, mouth, or stomach. The battle for share of stomach starts in the palm of your customer’s hand. Here some companies to watch all are garnering attention of Millennials:
1. Innovative Food Holdings Acquires The Fresh Diet. The Miami-based daily meal delivery service utilizes its same-day and next-day last mile food delivery capabilities to deliver freshly prepared specialty meals nationwide. The acquisition will allow Innovative Food Holdings (OTCQB: IVFH), which is a nationwide provider and distributor of specialty foods to the professional foodservice market, to . The combined platform will create a unique network of both B2C and B2B (restaurant/hospitality) distribution for specialty food producers and farmers, positioning Innovative Food Holdings as leading on-demand delivery player with significant cost-efficient last-mile capabilities
2. Swagbucks Acquires SodaHead. The Encino, CA-based web polling company includes its website and native mobile apps, as well as its Pollware distributed native polling ad product, will help Swagbucks, a consumer rewards platform, gather deeper consumer data points and increase user acquisition. that the acquisition began initially as a business development discussion, but as the discussions progressed, “it became obvious to all involved that the best outcome for both parties was for the two companies to join forces permanently.” , this roll-up is the “first of a series of competitive market initiatives Prodege (the parent company of Swagbucks) plans to pursue in the coming months”, so perhaps there will be more acquisitions on the horizon.
3. OrderUpThe Baltimore, MD-based online and mobile food ordering and delivery service is currently available in 35 markets throughout the U.S., and provides franchising opportunities in select towns. The company, which , for national growth and development of its delivery technology and services, and will also open two offices in New York City and Boulder, CO to build out their development and marketing teams.
4. Pact CoffeeThe London-based subscription-based coffee company delivers whole or freshly ground hand roasted coffee beans which are matched to each customer’s brew method. , the new investment will be used to accelerate growth, as well as growing the startup’s team from 30 to 50 in the UK
5. PlatedThe New York-based subscription service for ready-to-cook meal ingredients and recipes. Plated has position itself as offering its customers greater variety on the menu and greater ordering flexibility than its competitors. During the month, the company also with Time Inc. to serve recipes created by Real Simple, Cooking Light.
6. Try the World RaisesThe New York-based global specialty food subscription box has shipped boxes with FDA-approved packaged products from France, Japan, Brazil, Italy, Turkey, India, and more. The boxes can be purchased via subscription for every other month
Mobile-First is the driving force in marketing messaging. Millennials quest for discovery and instant gratification is edified mobile commerce. Non-traditional fresh food retailers focused on grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food are creating disequilibrium within retail foodservice.
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a grocerant program assessment, grocerant scorecard, brand, or product placement assistance. Since 1991 www.FoodserviceSolutions.us of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or 253-759-7869 Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant