Companies that develop a platform empowering meal creation in the car, at the office or at home are winning the hearts and minds of today’s retail food consumer. The grocerant niche comprised of the ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh prepared food is driving the success of the retail foodservice today.
Each sector has innovators; Restaurants started with Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera Bread, Domino’s Pizza, MCD, BK and a whole lot more! Grocery has Central Market, HEB, Metropolitan Market, Whole Foods. Convenience Stores have Rutter’s, Sheetz, Wawa, Casey’s General stores and 7 Eleven. The 7 Clues are:
- Visceral Presentation, Freshness based on how it looks and is presented.
- Bundling, the ability to build your meal with components family member will eat.
- Individualized Portions, power to select quality and quantity of items viewed.
- Convenience, unit /store location on the drive home from work.
- Time Saving, ability to evaluate price vs. time to cook from scratch.
- Portability, empowering choice eat in or take home / office
- Quick Meal Assembly, the way people prepare food at home today.
Success does leave clues and many retail food operators are now adopting Foodservice Solutions® 5 P’s of food marketing: Product, Packaging, Placement, Portability and Price.
Outside eyes can deliver top line sales and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions® to provide brand and product positioning assistance or a grocerant program assessment.
Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven Johnson and Foodservice Solutions® visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant