Food retailers that develop a platform allowing meal co-creation for in the car, at the office or at home are winning the hearts and minds of today’s retail food consumers. The grocerant niche comprised of the Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food is driving the success of the retail foodservice today.
All retail food sectors have innovators the Grocerant Niche is no different. Within the grocerant space restaurants started with Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera Bread, Domino’s Pizza, MCD, BK and a whole lot more. The grocery sector started with Wegmans Metropolitan Market, Whole Foods and Safeway and the “lifestyle” stores. Convenience Stores have Sheetz, Wawa, Rutter’s, Casey’s General stores and 7 & Eleven. The 5drivers are:
1. Placement, visceral presentation, freshness how it looks and is presented.
2. Product, the ability to build your meal with bundled components family member will eat.
3. Packaging, individualized portions, power to select quality and quantity of items viewed.
4. Price, ability to evaluate price vs. time to cook from scratch and competitors.
5. Portability, empowering your choice eat-in or take-out / office and ad’s that are mobile.
Success does leave clues and many retail food operators are now adopting Foodservice Solutions® 5 P’s of food marketing: Product, Packaging, Placement, Portability and Price. Is your company integrating the 5 P’s of food marketing?
Outside eyes can deliver top line sales and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions® to provide brand and product positioning assistance or a grocerant program assessment. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven Johnson and Foodservice Solutions® visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant