Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos were not the only winners of the Super Bowl! Ok, maybe the byline gave it away! Domino’s Pizza edified its position in the restaurant industry and pizza sector as the leader in digital ordering relevance with the integration of Easy Order, using Amazon Echo and Domino’s Tracker.
Dennis Maloney, Domino's vice president and chief digital officer stated "Ordering via Amazon Echo marks Domino's eighth platform in the suite of AnyWare technology,… "We want to continue making ordering pizza as convenient as possible, and this is no exception. Customers can order from anywhere they are, including from the comfort of their couch while watching Sunday's football game."
Rob Pulciani, director, Amazon Alexa stated "The magic of ordering pizza without lifting a finger and just using your voice is now a reality with Alexa and Domino's," We've made it easy for companies like Domino's to use the Alexa Skills Kit to create more natural, intuitive ways for customers to interact with their services."
Here is how it works “In order to place an Easy Order or most recent order, customers must enable the Domino's skill within the Amazon Alexa app by linking their account to their Domino's Pizza Profile. To simply track their order, Domino's customers must enter the phone number associated with the order and Alexa will provide its current status.” Now back to Game Day facts from Domino’s
Domino's Game Day Fun Facts
- Football's final Sunday is one of the busiest delivery days of the year for Domino's in the U.S.
- Domino's expects to sell more than 4 million chicken wings nationwide on game day.
- On football Sunday, in the U.S. alone, Domino's delivery drivers will cover the equivalent of more than 700 round trips from Denver to Charlotte – more than a 25-percent increase over a typical Sunday.
- Over the years, Domino's stores have seen sales tend to increase when the game is close and viewers are glued to their TVs.
- While both Denver and Charlotte's Domino's stores will see high sales at the beginning of the game, the city of the winning team will likely see higher sales at the end of the night.
- During last year's game, Domino's delivered enough pizzas to stretch across more than 4,200 football fields.
Technology is a component within grocerant niche mix & match meal component platform which is the New Normal in retail foodservice. Edifying your foodservice operation with customer focused meal personalization, customization, and local differentiation is a success clue no retailer should overlook. Alexa adds personalization, customization, differentiation with real time relevance.
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant Scorecard or a Grocerant Program Assessment excel, expand, and extend, your brand. Since 1991 www.FoodserviceSolutions.us of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us