Consumers are dynamic not static and Denny’s is edifying the brand with customer relevant consumer touchpoints that will edify it too its current customer base but might very will help build a bridge to the next set business model to help drive incremental top line sales and bottom-line profits according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
Denny’s has been around a lot longer than even our Grocerant Guru®. It’s important to remember that Denney’s has evolved from Danny’s Donuts then renamed Danny’s Coffee Shops and as they evolved so did the menu and name until they settled on Denny’s. How did they evolve they could have used a version of Build, Measure, Learn, Repeat.
If they did then or not they can now as Denny’s restaurants throughout the United States will sell Make-at-Home Meal Kits that include all of the ingredients for a family meal with easy preparation instructions. Retailing for $12.99 and up, the kits give families the opportunity to add an interactive element to a Denny’s meal and come in the following varieties:
· Complete Breakfast Meal Kit: serves four to six and contains bacon strips, eggs, milk, biscuits or English muffins, grapes, strawberries, assorted jelly packets, and Signature Diner Blend Coffee with a variety of sweeteners.
· Picnic Sandwich Meal Kit: serves four to six and contains deli shaved turkey, deli shaved ham, Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, one loaf of 7-grain bread, green leaf lettuce, whole tomatoes, red onion, and mayo and mustard packets
· Chicken & Rice Dinner Meal Kit: serves four and contains chicken breasts, Swiss cheese, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and whole grain rice packets
· Slow-Cooked Pot Roast Meal Kit: serves six to eight and contains pot roast and gravy, broccoli, mashed potatoes, hoagie rolls, and garlic spread
· Apple Crisp Dessert Kit: serves four to six and includes one oven-ready tray of apple crisp, a quart of vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce
That’s not all folks, at select locations across the country, Denny’s offers free grocery delivery service for consumers to safely purchase such essential items as bread, assorted meats and cheese, eggs and toilet paper. Shoppers can place orders for pickup or delivery online through the Denny’s On Demand app or by phone. They may not need to change their name. But our Grocerant Guru® believes that they will find some green shoots that will help them evolve as a brand driving top line sales and bottom-line profits within the grocerant niche.
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant Program Assessment, Grocerant ScoreCard, or for product positioning or placement assistance, or call our Grocerant Guru®. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or 253-759-7869
Battle for Share of Stomach