How well do you know your customers? This Thanksgiving, The Fresh Market is giving consumers just what they want according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
Johnson stated a recent Foodservice Solutions® grocerant scorecard found, “When asked if they wanted to cook dinner from scratch or assemble dinner from fresh meal components 91.1 % of Gen Z chose assemble from Fresh Prepared Meal Components and Millennials 83.6 chose meal components.”
The Fresh Market is going to assist consumers this Thanksgiving by offering a larger variety of holiday meal and party platter offerings expanding grocerant niche solutions.
The Fresh Market found that more than half of its shoppers (53%) indicated in a recent survey that they'll do more cooking this holiday season than last year and host smaller gatherings. The majority of those surveyed -- 70% -- said they plan to host between two and eight people.
Note: Foodservice Solutions® grocerant scorecards routinely find that when asked what a cook from scratch meal consist of 83.1% all dinners have at least 1 grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat meal component and 68.4% have two meal components.
So, The Fresh Market is now offering five options of complete, ready-to-heat holiday meals that range in size to accommodate gatherings of all sizes, as well as some unique non-turkey offerings for smaller gatherings. New this year is the Ultimate Holiday Meal and the Essential Ham Meal.
Dan Portnoy, chief merchandising officer at The Fresh Market stated "The Fresh Market has become a go-to destination for restaurant-quality meals, particularly during this unprecedented time,” … “We are thrilled to be able to offer our guests a range of ready-to-heat holiday meals and party platters to make their celebrations extraordinary and fit gatherings of all socially distanced sizes.”
· Ultimate Holiday Meal: serves 12 to 14 guests ($159.99, approximately $11.43 per person) and includes a 10- to 12-pound fully cooked turkey, a 3.5-pound boneless sliced ham, 4 pounds of Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 3 pounds of Traditional Herb Stuffing, 30 ounce of Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2 pounds of Corn Souffle, 2 pounds of Green Bean Medley, 16 ounces of Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, 24 Golden Dinner Rolls and a Colonial Apple Pie.
· Traditional Holiday Meal: serves eight to 10 guests ($79.99, approximately $8 per person) and includes a 10- to 12-pound fully cooked turkey, 30 ounces of Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 3 pounds of Traditional Herb Stuffing, 3 pounds of Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 16 ounces of Cranberry Relish with Walnuts and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
· Essential Holiday Meal: serves three to five guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person) and includes a 2.5-pound fully cooked turkey breast, 30 ounces of Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2 pounds of Traditional Herb Stuffing, 2 pounds of Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 1 pound of Green Bean Medley, and 8 ounces of Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
· Holiday Ham Meal: serves eight to 10 guests ($89.99, approximately $9 per person) and includes a 9-pound Spiral Sliced Honey Ham, 2.5 pounds of White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 2.5 pounds of Green Bean Medley, 2.5 pounds of Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 16 ounces of Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
· Essential Ham Meal: serves three to five guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person) and includes a 3.5-pound Boneless Sliced Ham, 1.5 pounds of White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 1.5 pounds of Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 1.5 pounds of Green Bean Medley, and 8 ounces Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
The complete holiday meals can be ordered online now through Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. EST, and then picked up in-store or via curbside service on Nov. 23 - 26. Guests can also order their meals à la carte in case they prefer a standing rib roast or beef tenderloin to turkey, or want to mix and match side dishes.
In addition to classic holiday entrées, The Fresh Market has a few unique offerings for those having a smaller gathering or looking to try something new this year:
· Turducken: handmade in-store and consists of a boneless duck breast stuffed inside a boneless chicken breast stuffed inside a boneless turkey breast. It's packed with garlic-and-herb dressing and Andouille sausage.
· Holiday Turkey Pie: contains all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods in one dish. combining layers of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberries in a flaky crust.
· Turkey Roulade: features a flavorful apple stuffing and is suitable for those who don't want to roast a whole turkey this year.
Too meet the needs of bout Gen Z and Millennials shoppers The Fresh Market has more than 50 made-in-store party platters to help simplify small gatherings or make Thanksgiving breakfast a little easier. Guests can choose from a variety of platters, including artisan cheese plates, continental breakfast, flavorful salads, fresh shrimp cocktail or oysters, and even international fare like the Mediterranean-inspired Falafel Pita platter.
Customers can order platters online before 2 p.m. to pick up their platters the following day, or order in-store.
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant Program Assessment, Grocerant ScoreCard, or for product positioning or placement assistance, or call our Grocerant Guru®. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or 253-759-7869