Once again Papa Murphy’s out polled all the other pizza companies to in the just completed large-scale consumer study conducted by Market Force Information which revealed s America’s favorite quick-service restaurants chains in four popular food categories: pizza, Mexican, chicken, and sandwiches.
Papa Murphy’s topped the pizza category for the third straight year, while Taco Bueno ranked first for Mexican, Chick-fil-A for chicken, and McAlister’s for sandwiches. Take-N-Bake pizza is one of the main stays of grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food according to Foodservice Solutions®, Grocerant Guru®.
The Market Force study polled more than 10,000 consumers for the study, which revealed consumers’ quick-service dining habits, brand preferences and use of technology to order and pay. In the immensely competitive $40 billion pizza industry, Papa Murphy’s reigns as consumers’ favorite chain for the third consecutive year. Pizza Ranch again took the No. 2 spot.
Papa Murphy’s ranked first for food quality and led by a large margin in the healthy options category, one of the only areas where the brands weren’t tightly clustered. Success does leave clues and food quality never takes a sept backward in the minds-eye of the consumer according to our Grocerant Guru®.
Other Pizza Category Highlights:
- 28 percent visited a pizza chain at least five times in the previous 90 days.
- Marco’s Pizza had the most new trials with 17 percent bringing children on their visit.
- Pizza Ranch led in loyalty card awareness: 89 percent know they offer one.
- 53 percent have downloaded a pizza chain’s app.
- Domino’s has the greatest awareness for its mobile app: 60 percent know of it.
Five Fact’s You Need to Know
1. Significantly more diners are picking up tablets to place their orders at quick serves.
2. Twenty-two percent said they have ordered using a tablet in the previous 90 days, up 340 percent from 2015.
3. Twenty-three percent used a mobile app and 16 percent used a kiosk. Still, most favor placing their orders in person—30 percent said they prefer ordering via tech and 70 percent said they prefer ordering at the counter.
4. Nearly one-quarter used technology to pay for their meals, either using a mobile app or digital wallet.
5. Younger generations were nearly twice as likely to pay, using an app than their older counterparts.
Regular readers of this blog have known how consumers have been able to customize each order at Papa Murphy’s. That customization is not just with the ordering of the toppings. It includes mix and match meal components, and personalized cooking (cook it when you are ready to eat). Remember Hot food Hot that still works. Looking for more success clues? We can help you drive both sales and profits within the grocerant niche.
Since 1991 www.FoodserviceSolutions.us of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant or Contact our Grocerant Guru® at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us