Success does leave clues and continually evolving with consumers is a success clue that the team at Duchess C-stores have come to rely on. Focusing on fresh food and foodservice with its new flagship store will help drive continued success according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
So, measuring 5,500 square feet, the new flagship store is Duchess’ largest site to date. Designed with the consumer in mind, the store is a bright and welcoming space that features new brand elements, merchandising fixtures, and product selections for those on the go, time starved looking for fresh food fast.
You don’t have to be the largest chain in the world to drive customer relevance and set you self apart. By, elevating Duchess’ legacy store design, the New Albany flagship location pays homage to the company’s history and is also a nod to its future. While injecting the company’s family culture into the model, the newest Duchess store is modern, fresh and urban. It incorporates plants and photos to create a welcoming experience for customers.
In a Battle for Share of Stomach
Focusing in on fresh food fast and grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food. The new flagship location emphasizes Duchess’ take on fresh food by offering:
- Breakfast sandwiches — like the new Eggwich, which features sausage or bacon sandwiched between two egg patties and can be complemented by an order of hash brown sticks and fresh-brewed hot coffee.
- Hot sandwiches and grill items, ranging from burgers and hot dogs to pulled pork and chicken sandwiches.
- House-made sandwiches available via The Deli at Duchess.
- Stuffers, which are warm, flaky biscuits stuffed with classic flavors like sausage gravy or cheeseburger. They can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or any time of the day.
- Pizza, salads and snacks such as chicken tenders, egg rolls, fries and pickled eggs.
- Gooey and decadent cookies, doughnuts, cake pops and muffins.
There is more relevance as there are other amenities available at the Duchess flagship store are curbside pickup, accessible via the My Duchess mobile app or online at MyDuchess.com; and Crown Card Rewards, a non-payment-based rewards program that allows customers to earn and redeem points for qualifying in-store and fuel purchases.
Success does leave clues. One clue that time and time again continues to resurface is “the consumer is dynamic not static”. Regular readers of this blog know that is the common refrain of Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®. Our Grocerant Guru® can help your company edify your brand with relevance. Call 253-759-7869 for more information.