Regular readers of this blog know that Boston Market’s sales building conundrum has not been a anything that could not have been predicted. However the team at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions® wonders aloud ‘could it be that Boston Market is back on track’? Our Grocerant Guru® just might be the hold out saying it’s still too early as tactics and strategy at Boston Market have over the past 7 years lacked a cohesive grocerant niche focus.’
However in an effort to edify sales Boston Market announced a limited time offer (LTO) for $109.99, a Heat & Serve Ham Dinner for 12. The offer included spiral-sliced or boneless ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, cinnamon apples, sweet potato casserole, fresh-baked cornbread and two apple pies—can be picked up in restaurant or delivered directly to your door through the Boston Market Home Delivery program.
Boston Market Vice President of Marketing, Tim Hartmann stated “Easter and the arrival of spring are an ideal time for reflecting over a traditional holiday meal,” says. “With multiple festive offers and ways to celebrate, consumers can find everything they need at Boston Market to serve a truly special and delicious Easter meal this year. After all, less cooking time means more family time."
The full menu of Boston Market Easter meals include:
· Heat & Serve: Chilled complete meals, entrees, sides or pies to feed four to twelve are fully cooked and can be ordered ahead of time for pick up at any Boston Market restaurant on March 29 and March 31 from 11 a.m.—8 p.m. or Easter Sunday from 8 a.m. —4: p.m. Complete Easter Dinners or Essential Easter Dinners include ham, turkey or both starting at $69.99. Complete Easter Dinners feature everything needed for a complete feast, including entrees, sides, cornbread and dessert; Essential Easter Dinners include an entree, sides and cornbread.
· Home Delivery: Anyone in the continental United States can now order a chilled complete Boston Market meal and have it shipped directly to their door. Choose from six pre-cooked Easter feast options at BostonMarket.com and place your order before March 27. Each order will ship frozen and once fully thawed, be ready to heat and serve within two to three hours.
· A La Carte: Enjoy chilled, fully cooked main dishes, individual sides or desserts, which can be picked up at Boston Market locations nationwide between March 29 and April 1.
· Easter Meal: Join Boston Market March 30 – April 1 for a honey-glazed, hand-carved ham meal served with a choice of two sides, fresh-baked cornbread and a slice of apple pie for $12.99 while supplies last. The full menu will also be available.
· Catering: For as low as $10.49 per person, Boston Market can cater hot, Easter meals for pick up or delivery from March 12 through April 1. Perfect for groups of five to 5,000, the create your own Easter buffet option includes a choice of ham, rotisserie turkey and signature rotisserie chicken.
This offer is not Boston’s Market’s first grocerant niche offering nor is it probably the best LTO that they could have brought to consumers. However once again they are thinking in the right direction. The team at Foodservice Solutions® does wish they would integrate a cohesive customer focused grocerant niche foodservice positioning in order to garner incremental customer adoption.
Are you trapped doing what you have always done and doing it the same way? Interested in learning how www.FoodserviceSolutions.us can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Email us at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information.