Foodservice Solutions® team last year told you about ‘Family Meals Month’ and that grocery stores were taking a direct shot at restaurant customer meal. Our own Grocerant Guru®, Steven Johnson says that grocery stores are edging closer to focusing on meals year-round. September, 2019 will test the chain restaurants customer counts once again as grocer’s focus on family.
A new study found that “8 in 10 of those seeing the National Family Meals Month™ campaign say that it is important and, better yet, are taking action to making family meals happen!”
This grocery studies show again and again the significant, measurable scientific proof about the positive, lifelong benefits of family meals. Family meals nourish the spirit, brain and health of all family members and grocery stores are doing a better job telling the family meal story than restaurants.
Let’s look and see what the Journal of Adolescent Health found:
1. Regular family meals are linked to higher grades and self-esteem and delayed sexual activity.
2. Children who grow up sharing family meals are more likely to exhibit prosocial behavior as adults, such as sharing, fairness and respect.
3. With each additional family meal shared each week, adolescents are less likely to show symptoms of violence, depression and suicide, less likely to use or abuse drugs or run away, and less likely to engage in risky behavior or delinquent acts.
4. Adults and children who eat at home more regularly are less likely to suffer from obesity.
5. Increased family meals are associated with greater intake of fruits and vegetables.
Looking for success clues of your own? Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced food marketing and business development ideations. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities, technology, or a new menu product segment. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, www.Linkedin.com/in/grocerant/ or www.twitter.com/grocerant