What is brand relevance when it comes to Electric Vehicles (EV’s)? Has your brand extended an invitation to drives of EV’s? If you have not yet, you had better start planning for your customers next steps. EV’s are going to be relevant to over 26 million consumers by 2030.
Steven Johnson Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions® believes if your brand is not evolving with relevance it is dying. It’s important that you at least begin the process of looking a customer ahead.
In a report from The Edison Electric Institute (EEI), Electric Vehicle Sales and the Charging Infrastructure Required Through 2030 report was updated creating a consensus forecast now which is based on four independent forecasts done by Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte, Guidehouse, and Wood Mackenzie, as well as analysis from the National Renewable Energy Lab. The report concludes that:
· The number of EVs on U.S. roads is projected to reach 26.4 million in 2030, up from the projected 18.7 million as projected in the 2018 report.
· The projected 26.4 million EVs will make up nearly 10 percent of the 259 million light-duty vehicles (cars and light trucks) expected to be on U.S. roads in 2030.
· Annual sales of EVs will be nearly 5.6 million in 2030, reaching more than 32 percent of annual light-duty vehicle sales in 2030. Compared to the 2018 forecast, this is an increase of more than 1.8 million in annual sales in 2030.
· Nearly 12.9 million charge ports will be needed to support the projected 26.4 million EVs that will be on U.S. roads in 2030.
· Approximately 140,000 Direct Current (DC) fast charging ports will be needed to support the level of EVs expected to be on U.S. roads in 2030.
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant ScoreCard, or for product positioning or placement assistance, or call our Grocerant Guru®. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or 253-759-7869
In a Battle for Share of Stomach