Did you know that grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food will drive top-line growth and bottom-line profits in 2023 according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
There is no doubt that the need for branded, craveable fresh food is preferred 8.6 to 1 over cooking a meal from scratch. The simple fact is consumers today have experienced choice overload when forced to cook from scratch, walk around a grocery store for an hour, figure out how to cook, and do dishes, that is not their first choice according Foodservice Solutions® most recent grocerant scorecards.
All retail food outlet should be looking for a new incremental opportunity to sell to non-traditional fresh food retailers. There are retailers in non-food with points of distribution that want sell grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat sell meals and meal components to go.
Mix & match branded meals and meal components bundled with a ‘Eat-In’ experience is one area that all restaurants should explore. That at that intersection that the opportunity is the greatest and there is now a battle for share of stomach.
Who should be extending their reach with grocerant niche fresh food? That list should include Restaurants, Furniture Stores, Drug Stores, Grocery Stores, Convenience Stores, Clothing Stores, and Dollar Stores to name but a few.
Here are 7 reasons Eating-Out while Eating-In will continue to gain momentum around the world in 2023:
- Recent Grocerant ScoreCards found 81.1% of consumers don’t know what’s for dinner at Noon, and 61.1 don’t know what’ s for dinner at 4PM %.
- Roughly 63.7% of consumers purchase prepared food items from a retail location at least three times a month.
- 79.6% all dinners have at least 1 grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat meal component and 66.6% have two meal components.
- When asked if they wanted to cook dinner from scratch or assemble dinner from fresh meal components 91.3 % of Gen Z chose assemble from Fresh Prepared Meal Components and Millennials 83.4% chose meal components.
- Seventy-three percent of retail prepared food purchases are taken to go
- Prepared food purchases are frequently a planned purchase among 61.2% of shoppers, while 40.9% of shoppers said they buy prepared foods on impulse. Dinner has the highest amount of prepared food buys with 81.7% of respondents making purchases for that meal, while lunch comes in at 76.9% and breakfast at 61.4%.
- 57.8% of consumers would like to add Alcohol to a dinner order
Are you waiting, watching, or weathering as others move forward reaching your customers with new products, packaged with the ‘halo’ of better for you, on a new avenue of distribution? Do your stores look more like yesterday than tomorrow? If they are not, your brand is dying.
Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify, and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities, a new menu product segment, or product / menu integration strategy. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit us on our social media sites: Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter