Companies that develop a platform that enabling consumer meal co-creation for the car, at the office or at home are building top line sales and bottom line profits. The grocerant niche comprised of the ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh prepared food is driving the success of the retail foodservice today.
Each sector has innovators; Restaurants started with Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera Bread, Domino’s Pizza, MCD, BK and a whole lot more! Grocery started with Wegmans, Harris Tetter, Whole Food and now fast charging Safeway and the “lifestyle stores. Convenience Stores have Sheetz, Wawa, with fast charging Casey’s General stores and 7 & Eleven.
1. Visceral presentation, Freshness based on how it looks and is presented.
2. Bundling, the ability to build your meal with components family member will eat.
3. Individualized portions, power to select quality and quantity of items viewed.
4. Convenience, unit /store location on the drive home from work.
5. Time Saving, ability to evaluate price vs. time to cook from scratch.
Join me here on my blog for food insights, information and inspiration. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven A. Johnson and Foodservice Solutions visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or on Facebook at Steven Johnson.