Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru® Steven Johnson stated “you can find Generation Z (Gen Z) at the intersection of Hands-On In-Store retail and interactive participatory foodservice perfectly balanced with mobile technology and it is at that intersection that Gen Z is validating foodservice authenticity.”
The path to purchase for Gen Z is not so unexpected, as the first “digitally native” generation most discovery for Gen Z begins with a hand held mobile devise and extend into the retail footprint for validation. The global Gen Z population set to reach 2.6 billion by 2020. When it comes to Gen Z we ask, Are you looking A Customer Ahead?
IBM and the National Retail Federation (NRF) are in a new study they found several interesting facts about Gen Z let’s take a look at some of those focusing on foodservice. Here they are:
1. Retailers need to create more interactive engagement around their brands to serve the “always on,” mobile-focused,
2. Generation Z expects technology to be intuitive, relevant and
3. Create a personalized, interactive experience with the latest digital advances or risk falling behind.
4. Gen Z has access to $44 billion in buying power
5. 75% saying they spend more than half of the money that is available to them each month,
6. 52% of Gen Z consumers will transfer loyalty from one brand to another
7. 66% saying product quality and availability are the most important factors
8. 65% focus on value
9. 74% of respondents spend their free time online, with 25% online five hours or more each day.
10. 73% of Gen Z use their phones primarily to text and chat
11. 36% would create digital content for a brand,
12. 42% would participate in an online game for a campaign
13. 43% would participate in a product review.
14. 62% will not use apps or websites that are difficult to navigate
15. 60% will not use apps or websites that are slow to load.
So it’s important to remember that just as Millennials overtook Gen X, there’s another big buying group retailers need to plan for, and it’s even larger that group is Generation Z. Is your brand at the intersection of Hands-On in-store retail interactive participatory foodservice? Is your brand perfectly balanced with mobile technology for food discovery? Can Gen Z is validate your branded foodservice authenticity?
Interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions 5P’s of Food Marketing can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Email us at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information.