Here are just a few new menu offerings:
1. Publix Bacon Peppercorn Flavored Rotisserie Chicken
2. Trader Joe’s Wine Country Chicken Salad: with white-meat chicken, pecans, celery, poppy seeds and dried cranberries
3. Rutters Breakfast subs with double egg, double cheese and double meat
4. Central Market with Chimichurri Rostisserie Chicken
5. Whole food roman style pizza
6. Sheetz Grilled Chicken Cesar Wrap and Garlic Fryz
NPD Group restaurant industry analyst Bonnie Riggs. Stated "This is something that had been happening prior to the recession, and it has only gotten exacerbated by the recession,…Riggs expects supermarkets to continue to see decent takeout business as the recession fades, largely because NPD projects takeout meals eaten in-home will grow by 20 percent during the next decade.
Grocerant ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat food is growing in number of locations, quality of offerings and in many cases a pricing advantage over traditional restaurants. Consumer retail foodservice patterns are repositioning and new sector leaders are beginning to surface.
Outside eyes can deliver top line insights and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions to provide brand and product positioning assistance. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven A. Johnson and Foodservice Solutions visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or on Facebook at Steven Johnson