In search of what drives frequency within the Pizza Sector Consumer Edge Insight conducted a study to identify the most commonly-cited factors in determining which pizza take out consumer like best and why.
Here are the finding as reported by David Decker President of Consumer Edge Insights:
- The restaurant patronized most often are good value (53%),
- Convenient locations (44%),
- Low prices (44%),
- Good discounts / Promotions
- Fast Service
Decker found within that the survey included five of the largest pizza-takeout restaurant brands in the US: Cici’s Pizza, Domino’s Pizza, Little Caesar’s Pizza, Papa John’s Pizza, and Pizza Hut. Here is a list of who won the different attributes consumers value:
- The strongest perceptions for providing “good value” among past visitors were Little Caesar’s (45%) and Cici’s (43%).
- The top-scoring pizza-takeout brands for “convenient locations” were Pizza Hut (40%), and Domino’s and Little Caesar’s with 34% each.
- The top-scoring brands for “low prices” were Little Caesar’s (50%) and Cici’s (47%),
- The top-scoring brands for “good discounts/promotions” were Domino’s (39%) and Little Caesar’s (38%).
- Brands most likely to be perceived to offer “fast service” were Little Caesar’s (43%) and Cici’s (38%).
- When it comes to taste, Papa John’s was top-rated for having great-tasking” food by 44%
Interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions® 5P’s of Food Marketing can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization contact us via Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant