Companies that develop a platform that allows meal co-creation; in the car, at the office or at home are winning the hearts and minds of today’s retail food consumer. The grocerant niche comprised of the ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh prepared food is driving the success of the retail foodservice today.
Each sector has or had innovators; Restaurants started with Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), now have Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera Bread, Domino’s Pizza, MCD, BK and a whole lot more.
Grocery stores started with Wegmans Metropolitan Market, Whole Food’s and now fast charging HEB and its Central Market stores. Convenience Stores have Sheetz, Wawa, with fast charging Rutter’s, Casey’s General stores and 7 & Eleven. Top 5 reasons for ready-2-eat growth are:
1. Placement: Visceral presentation, Freshness based on how it looks and is presented.
2. Product: Individualized portions, power to select quality and quantity of items viewed.
3. Price: Food Quality and Convenience vs. time and cooking skill set.
4. Packaging: Ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat food provides Time Saving vs. cook from scratch.
5. Portability: empowering choice eat in or take home / office
Success does leave clues and many retail food operators are now adopting Foodservice Solutions® 5 P’s of food marketing: Product, Packaging, Placement, Portability and Price.
Outside eyes can deliver top line sales and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions® to provide brand and product positioning assistance or a grocerant program assessment. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven Johnson and Foodservice Solutions® visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant