O’ how times are a changing; the country has gone from family meals in the 1970’s, to singles bars in the 80's and seniors meals in 2000. Today many consumers want Hand Held Food for dinner according to Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru® including hand held food for baby's Baby Got Stuff (http://babygotstuff.com). There was an interesting study conducted of 95,000+ individuals that revealed 70 % of people eat sandwiches twice a week. That study was conducted by Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker. Here are some of the findings:
1. Seven out of 10 people say they eat sandwiches at least twice a week.
2. Nearly one-third (32 percent) say they eat sandwiches three to five times per week.
3. Which age group eats the most? Baby Boomers (ages 52 to 70) have it: 44 percent say they eat 3 subs or more a week compared to Generation Xers (ages 35 to 51) at 35 percent and millennials (ages 18 to 34) at 29 percent.
Top 5 Hand Held Food Types
1. Sub sandwich (64 percent)
2. Grilled sandwich (11 percent)
3. Deli sandwich (10 percent)
4. Wrap (8 percent)
5. Club (7 percent)
Why Take-Away, To-Go, and Drive-Thru’s
1. Half of all respondents (51 percent) prefer to eat their sub at home.
2. Nearly one-third (31 percent) say they like to eat at the sandwich shop.
3. Least likely location? The bathtub: 498 people said they do enjoy their sub in a tub.
1. Half (50 percent) of all respondents say they most want to share their sub with their significant other.
2. Nearly one-third (28 percent) of respondents say they don’t … at least not their sub.
Did you find this interesting? For international corporate presentations, educational forums, or keynotes contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us the Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®. His extensive experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator, consultant, brand / product positioning expert and public speaking will leave success clues for all. Visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information