Fresh Fast Flavorful are three adjectives that describe Au Bon Pain Café Bakery’s new Bon To Go Boxes but Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru® Steven Johnson thinks Quality, Quick, and Quintessential might better describe Au Bon Pain’s new innovative grocerant niche menu options.
Au Bon Pain’s understands consumer’s attraction to and adoption of Hand Held Food for immediate consumption according to Johnson. Bon To Go boxes complement that growing retail trend well. Au Bon Pain is filling an unmet need in the marketplace. Johnson went on to say consumers “want solutions at meal time not cooking, and dishes to do.”
Bon To Go meal options can be mix & matched into a perfect family meal, office gathering, or snack they combine the quality and taste you expect from Au Bon Pain in a simple grab-and-go package. They are made daily, by hand, so customers can count on them to be fresh every time.
Au Bon Pain’s Corporate Executive Chef Katherine See stated “We all feel like we’re going 100 miles per hour most days and sometimes we just don’t have the time to slow down for a relaxing meal,” ... “We created these nutritious and well-balanced meals for our customers to enjoy on the road, at their desk or even rushing through an airport. Bon To Go boxes are the ultimate fusion of taste, quality and convenience.” So let’s look at some of the options:
1. Cheese & Fruit—brie, Cheddar cheese, apple, grapes and crackers
2. Fruit, Egg & Nuts—hardboiled egg, apple, grapes, Cheddar cheese and mixed nuts
3. Smoked Salmon—smoked salmon, herb cream cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, pickled onions, greens and a sprouted grain roll
4. Egg, Veggie & Cheese—hardboiled egg, avocado, tomatoes and Cheddar cheese with a sprouted grain roll
5. Turkey & Swiss—turkey, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, greens and dijonnaise on a fresh roll, with melon bites
6. Caprese Chicken—chicken, fresh Mozzarella, tomatoes, chickpea salad, greens and balsamic vinaigrette
7. Southwest Chicken—chicken, black bean salad, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, greens and a flour tortilla
8. Hummus, Veggie & Taboule—hummus, cucumber, tomatoes and taboule
9. Hummus—hummus, cucumbers and pretzel crisps
Au Bon Pain has created a bundle of options to fit today’s consumers. Most important Bon To Go was created to expand Au Bon Pain’s fresh food options into new non-traditional avenues of fresh food distribution. The team at Foodservice Solutions® believes Au Bon Pain has found another success clue.
Are you trapped doing what you have always done and doing it the same way? Interested in learning how www.FoodserviceSolutions.us can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Email us at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information.