Brand managers are playing an increasing valuable role in fresh food retailing today. The grocerant niche filled with Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food is driving top line sale s and bottom line profits in every sector of retail foodservice today according to Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru™.
Fresh food retailers the ilk of Whole Foods, Central Market, Green Zebra Grocery, Wawa, Sheetz and 7-Eleven are employing brand managers that are developing ne new branded products as an entity with identity within the Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh food grocerant space garnering new customers according to our own Grocerant Guru™.
New research Conducted by Surveylab, found that “American consumers are looking for time-saving, healthy products in the deli, bakery and dairy”. The key findings were:
1. In the deli, 40% of consumers said they wanted “more items than can save me time at home.”
2. Close to 40% of shoppers said they would like to see more cheese variety in the dairy department
3. Another popular choice was “heart healthy items, such as low sodium.”
4. Shoppers said they wanted faster service in the deli and more nutritional information about the products.
5. Three in 10 consumers said they were looking for products with “less fructose, sugar, corn syrup and bad fats” in the bakery. The same percentage would like to see more products baked in-store.
Customer adoption numbers were a big surprise. According to the survey, 47% of shoppers buy private label products in deli, dairy and bakery always or frequently. Interestingly survey respondents also said they would like to see “Consumers are making it clear they want convenience and speed in meal preparation,” Clearly private label brand manager are playing a key role.
Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru™ Steven Johnson stated that 47% of shoppers is a big, big number. All retailers need to be aware that ease of meal preparation is key to future retail success. As regular readers of this blog know mix and match meal component bundling is the key driver of grocerant niche sales success in every sector of food retail today.
Visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us if you are interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions® 5P’s of Food Marketing can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization or you can learn more at Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant Email: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information.