Grocerant niche fresh prepared continues to get consumers out of the kitchen, save time and create a platform for curated, customized, colorful meals comprised of individualized meal components according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
In new research by Artisola, a fresh-pasta brand, surveyed 2,000 Americans and found that just 27% cook at home every single day. Regular readers of this blog know that consumer migration to grocerant niche meal components continues to increase. Here is more from The Artisola Survey:
1. 68% of Americans cook more than four times a week, and 6% of Americans say they don’t cook at all.
2. When deciding what to cook, 38% use what’s in their fridge, while another 29% eat what’s convenient, meaning prepared foods that just have to be warmed.
3. When asked why they don’t cook as much as they’d like, 47% of Americans said they were tired of cooking the same thing.
4. If you were questioning the survival of , 50% of those surveyed said they spend more than an hour on meal preparation.
5. Who cooks the most at home? According to the survey, these are the top five states that have the most people who cook seven days a week, starting with No. 1: Iowa, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Arkansas, with California ranking 18 on the list and New York coming in at 20.
Is it time for you to invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant Program Assessment, Grocerant ScoreCard, or for product positioning or placement assistance, or call our Grocerant Guru®. Since 1991 www.FoodserviceSolutions.us of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or 253-759-7869