Independent restaurants are buying local ingredients to re-position themselves as fresher, local and “better for you”. From farm fresh eggs, fresh berries, and local beef independent restaurants are stepping out local to stand out. This is part of the “farm to table” movement that is picking up steam and moving from Maine to California and Florida to Washington. recently identified her top 10 farm to table restaurants. Here they are:
1. The Lodge at Torrey Pines, 11480 N. Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla, CA (858-777-6635)
2. Manresa 320 Village Lane, Los Gatos, CA (408-354-4330)
3. Trellis 220 Kirkland Ave., Kirkland, WA (425-284-5900)
4. Montagna at little Nell 675 E. Durant Ave., Aspen, CO (970-920-4600)
5. Woodfire Grill1782 Cheshire Bridge Rd., Atlanta, GA (404-347-9055)
7. North Pond 2610 N. Cannon Dr., Chicago, IL (773-477-5845)
8. Poppy Hill Tuscan Café 1000 Charles St., Fredericksburg, VA (540-373-2035
9. Tupelo Honey Café 12 College St., Asheville, NC (828-255-4863)
10. Chester Creek Café 1902 E. 8th St., Duluth, MN (218-724-6811)
Success does leave clues and these 10 restaurants will provide you plenty to ponder. The ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh prepared food niche continues to expand.
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a grocerant program assessment, brand, product placement or positioning assistance. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant.
Post a Comment