Foodservice Solutions® team has been inundated with questions and request for proposal this spring. I appreciate every question and all of your RFP’s. So, I was thinking, after another recorded this month of unique views on our blog and after a record number of Emails, phone calls and request for proposals. We are going to do something different we have decided to answer some of the most common questions we get from our blog and LinkedIn contacts once a quarter or so. I hope that this help.
Today, we are addressing questions pertaining to the retail food industries evolving vernacular. While regular readers are accustom to our use of these terms clearly many of our new readers are not. So we hope that this helps:
- Brand Protectionism: When a brand elects not to move with the consumer and continues the menu, messaging, and melding of past consumer valued food attributes today.
- Frictionless: Providing customers a smooth, speedy and interaction-free flow between ordering, paying and receiving a meal (Ready-2-Eat or Heat-N-Eat), often with the help of technology.
- Grocerant: Expanding fresh prepared food sales in new non-traditional points of distribution with a strong emphasis on Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat Meal Components.
- Line busting: Shortening lines and wait times by allowing for transactions away from the counter, at the table, at a kiosk or on a smartphone think virtual retail (No store needed).
- Mobile pickup lines: Think Chilies Pick-Up window. Some restaurants are sectioning off areas at the counter for customers who order and pay via app to run in, grab their food and be on their way, keeping human interaction to a minimum.
- Brand Ambassador or Guest experience captain: A role at Buffalo Wild Wings, these staffers function alongside servers, helping to explain to customers how to use tabletop tablets, among other duties.
Please feel free to continue sending us your questions, comments and encouragement. Our expanding staff will get back to you. We are experiencing record numbers of request for proposals. Our entire staff thanks you and our Grocerant Guru™ Thanks you! Keep them coming, we do great work and clearly the word is out! Success Does Leave Clues!
www.FoodserviceSolutions.us specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities or a brand leveraging marketing integration strategy. Foodservice Solutions of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche and has been since 1991 Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us
Post a Comment