Giant Eagle doubles down on multi-format fresh food with its first two-story Market District Express store, which offers a new signature restaurant alongside a “best of” experience in a more intimate setting “according to a company press release and an article in Progressive Grocer.
The Market District’s signature restaurant will offer diners a full-service restaurant experience complete with dedicated restaurant seating for 155, and a menu inspired by fresh, seasonal ingredients and the local communities wants and needs.
The menu with have prices ranging from $6 - $11 per plate, table by Market District is the perfect lunch or dinner destination. In addition to gourmet meals, table by Market District features one of the most extensive beer and wine lists in Columbus.
In keeping with the growing grocerant niche trend of consumer interactive participation customers can enjoy 18 craft beers on tap, order wine by the glass, or select a bottle of wine from the 1,200 varieties available in-store for the selling price of the bottle plus a $10 corkage fee.
Giant Eagle is doubling down with a focus on fresh, with meal solutions for the home chef, and the culinary expertise of the approximately 70 supermarket and 40 restaurant team members who bring the store to life. With grocerant niche interactive participation including:
1. Curbside Express - an online grocery ordering service that caters to on-the-go customers. Combining the ease of online ordering with the convenience of parking lot pick-up, customers can complete their grocery shopping without having to leave their vehicles.
- Beer, Wine & Liquor - in addition to a full bar, Market District Express will carry more than 1,200 varieties of wine and more than 400 craft, domestic, and imported beers including offerings from local breweries like North High, Seventh Son and Columbus Brewing.
- Local - carefully curated products from more than 20 local purveyors, ranging from pasta sauce to potato chips, and sourced from within 150 miles of the store, add a taste of central Ohio to the Market District Express aisles.
- Deli Favorites - lunch meats and cheeses, all sliced to order – plus flavorful side salads, salsas, hummus, dips, spreads and more are perfect prepared options for customers on the go.
- Freshly Cut Meats - Market District-made sausages, marinated meats, gourmet burgers, beef, pork, poultry and more with butchers available to show customers why we’re a cut above the rest.
- Fresh Seafood - home to Team Members with an ocean of knowledge to share on swordfish, tuna, marinated filets, shrimp, crab cakes and more.
- Produce - grown across the globe and by local Columbus-area farmers, assortment ranges from exotic to organic to conventional fruits and vegetables.
- Bakery - sweets ranging from cupcakes, muffins, donuts, cookies, French croissants and fresh bagels.
Success does leave clues and focusing on the consumer with Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat grocerant niche fresh prepared consumer interactive participatory food is a success clue for all.
Since 1991 www.FoodserviceSolutions.us of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant or Contact our Grocerant Guru® at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete