The Grocerant niche is filled with Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food. Today companies that develop a platform empowering meal creation for dinners; in the car, at the office, or at home are winning the hearts and minds of today’s retail food consumer according to Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru®.
Every sector of retail foodservice has innovators. The restaurant sector started with Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera Bread, Domino’s Pizza, MCD, BK and a whole lot more! Grocery has Green Zebra Grocery, Wegmans, Central Market, HEB, Publix, New Seasons, Metropolitan Market, Whole Foods. Convenience Stores have Rutter’s, Sheetz, Wawa, Casey’s General stores and 7 Eleven. The Six Pillars are:
- Visceral Presentation, Freshness based on how it looks and is presented including digital.
- Bundling, the ability to build your meal with components each family member enjoy.
- Individualized Portion’s, empower choice to select quality and quantity of items viewed.
- Convenience, unit /store location on the drive to work or home from work.
- Time Saving, ability to evaluate price vs. time to cook from scratch.
- Portability, empowering consumer choice Eat-In, Take-Out, or Take-Away.
Success does leave clues and many retail food operators are now adopting Foodservice Solutions® FIVE P’s of food marketing: Product, Packaging, Placement, Portability and Price.
Outside eyes can deliver top line sales and bottom line profits. Invite Foodservice Solutions® to provide a grocerant program assessment. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven Johnson and www.FoodserviceSolutions.us visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us