Success does leave clues and Grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat continues to drive top line sales and bottom line profits in every sector of retail foodservice today according to the NPD Group. Regular readers of this blog know that it was 20+ years ago that Starbucks and PepsiCo started the North America Coffee Partnership and launched Starbucks Bottled Frappuccino chilled coffee drink.
So let’s look at the first success clue the bottled Frappuccino that has now has grown to be more than 40 ready-to-drink Starbucks beverages and more than $2 billion in retail business. Tacoma, WA Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru®, Steven Johnson asks do you have any line of business doing $2 billion? No Why not?
Back in the day Starbucks served its very first espresso beverages in 1984, the Caffè Latte was a beverage unfamiliar to most Americans. But it quickly became a customer favorite with its rich espresso balanced with steamed milk and a light topping of foam as we are all now familiar.
Starbucks new Iced Latte, is now available in Salted Caramel Mocha for a limited time. This is the first Starbucks single-serve ready-to-drink iced latte. “It features cocoa and toffee notes intertwined with hints of sea salt, bold espresso and creamy milk. The Salted Caramel Mocha flavor is inspired by the seasonal customer favorite, the handcrafted Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha served at Starbucks stores.” Starbucks Iced Latte will roll-out in other delicious limited-time flavors throughout the year according to the company. Starbucks grocerant success is understated but not over looked by customers here let’s look at some other success:
1. Starbucks also makes it easy to enjoy smooth and creamy Caffè Latte at home with K–Cup pods, Caffè Latte Verismo pods and Starbucks VIA Instant. Available in select Starbucks stores, grocery and online.
2. Caffè Latte K–Cup pods: The sweet creaminess of dairy and flavor complement 100 percent arabica coffee in our Caffè Latte K-Cup pods. Available in Caramel, Vanilla, and Mocha.
3. Caffè Latte Verismo pods: A shot of dark, caramelly Starbucks Espresso Roast meets a Starbucks milk pod, using the Verismo System.
4. Starbucks VIA Instant Latte: This everyday instant indulgence features Starbucks coffee and delicious flavors. Available in Vanilla, Caffè Mocha and Caramel.
5. Verismo System by Starbucks: This single cup brewing system allows customers to craft Starbucks brewed coffee, espresso, and caffè lattes consistently and conveniently, one cup at a time with the push of a button. The Verismo Milk Frother makes it possible to craft Starbucks beverages with hot or cold frothed milk for a Starbucks Experience at home.
Will a Snap Kitchen / Starbucks retail test prove as valuable as Starbucks / Pepsi; the team at Foodservice Solutions® thinks that it can. What new channels of fresh food distribution are you looking at? How are you evolving your brand relevance with consumers? Are you year over year customer counts, top line sales, and bottom line profits expanding?
Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities, new menu product segments, brand relevance, and or a menu integration strategy. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant/ or twitter.com/grocerant