Success does leave clues and Snappy Salads has been picking up all of the right clues. Consumers have been migrating to retail brands that have the halo of ‘better-for-you’ according to Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Service® Grocerant Guru®, Steven Johnson.
Consumers looking for a ‘better for you’ meal can visit Snappy Salad downtown Dallas (Hardwood) location for a healthy way to start their day beginning September 11, 2017.
Snappy Salads CEO Chris Dahlander said that the chain has introduced its first ever breakfast menu at its new downtown Dallas location. The menu features plant-based foods blended with good proteins and carbohydrates including a Sunrise Salad with citrus and grains, Warm Riced Cauliflower with Fried Egg, and Smashed Avocado Toast.
Dahlander continued saying “Making your first meal of the day a salad might sound a little strange, but it’s actually a no-brainer,” says. “Leafy greens topped with brain foods that are nutrient-rich can fuel your body and start your day on the right note. As for flavor, a salad has endless ingredient combinations.” Here are some tips for making a breakfast salad at home:
· Use a variety of greens like spinach or arugula
· Prepare your eggs as usual, but pile them on a bed of fresh greens
· Add healthy, filling proteins and fats like beans, avocados, or cheese
· Toss in leftovers from last night’s dinner (chicken, fish, quinoa)
· Satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh berries or a drizzle of honey
· For something warm on a chilly morning top your greens with sautéed veggies like zucchini, onions or peppers
· For texture add dried fruit, nuts or whole grains
· Keep the dressing simple. Mix equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar with a spoonful of honey, or lemon or orange juice for something a little sweeter
“Snappy Salads is passionate about making good nutrition accessible to anyone,” says Dahlander. “We are breaking the American myth about your breakfast options and re-introducing important plant-based meals. Society used to eat this way, but we lost track of that with the emergence of highly industrialized grain- and sugar-based breakfast foods. My goal is to improve the quality of food Americans are eating by serving highly nutritious, high-quality meals to our guests by bringing back what we know our bodies have been craving.”
Snappy Salads opened its first location 11 years ago, with promises to elevate salads to entrée status and has since gained a loyal following affectionately referred to as “Snapsters.” The award-winning restaurant blends veggie-forward menu items with a variety of proteins to create unique, hearty, and delicious meals. Original creations such as the top-selling Grilled Avocado Salad and Bam Bam Salad have earned Snappy Salads its trademarked tagline: “So good, even guys like our salads.”
Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities or a new menu product segment and brand and menu integration strategy. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant/ or twitter.com/grocerant