7 -Eleven understands that customer facing branded products edify the local stores relevance, driving repeat visits, increasing visit frequency, and garners a larger share of stomach according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
Johnson stated “7-Eleven continues to expand its grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food offerings, expanding Value, Convenience, and the branded Experience all while leveraging one of the hallmarks of the grocerant niche, mix & meal bunding.
In a new format, described by 7-Eleven as a “real-time, experiential testing ground, the new Evolution Stores house a Laredo Taco Company restaurant offering tacos served on flour tortillas made from scratch daily plus a fresh salsa bar. Yes, its own branded restaurants as regular readers of this blog know.
Guest can get made-to-order specialty drinks served up in a full-service beverage format, including hot coffee drinks like flavored lattes and mochas as well as customized cold drinks such as smoothies, agua frescas and cold brew coffee.
Chris Tanco, executive vice president and chief operating officer at 7-Eleven stated “These new stores are invaluable learning labs, where new concepts are tailored to meet the needs of the communities they will serve from sunny southern California to the fast-paced world of the East Coast," We will continue to evolve based on customer feedback and we look forward to creating the next generation of convenience together."
Battle for Share of Stomach
So, what all can you find at the new stores? Well, branded beverages, snacks, food, groceries, over-the-counter drugs and non-food items, in addition to Laredo Taco Company, the 7-Eleven Evolution Stores will offer an assortment of exclusive products, services and features customized to the neighborhoods and customers they serve:
1. Made-to-order specialty drinks that give customers the option to customize their drinks in a full-service beverage format including custom hot coffee drinks like flavored lattes, mochas and more as well as custom cold drinks like smoothies, aguas frescas and cold-brew coffee.
2. Self-serve specialty coffee drinks with the addition of touch-screen machines that brew custom hot coffee drinks like lattes, cappuccinos, espresso shots and more in just seconds.
3. Novelty beverages on tap that dispense cold beverages like tea, cold brew, kombucha, nitro cold brew, flavored drinks and more.
4. Cold treats bar with multiple frozen yogurt and ice cream that can be swirled to create new flavors with multiple toppings.
5. Cookies, croissants and pastries baked fresh in store daily.
6. Mobile Checkout: Customers can skip the checkout counter and pay for their purchases via the 7-Eleven app and accompanying 7Rewards loyalty program.
7. NOW Delivery App: 7-Eleven’s on-demand delivery app allows customers to achieve convenience like never before and have their favorite items like fresh food, beverages, snacks, groceries and household products delivered straight to their door
8. National brand electronics such as tablets and Bluetooth headphones available for sale from a secure, self-serve kiosk.
9. On-the-go beauty with expanded skin care, makeup and other health and beauty items.
10. “The Cellar,” an alcove dedicated to an expanded selection of wines and craft beers, with a nearby growler station that features a rotating selection of local craft beer, cider and ales on tap. Washington D.C. store will not include The Cellar.
For international corporate presentations, regional chain presentations, local educational forums, or keynotes contact: Steven Johnson Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions. His extensive experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator, consultant, brand / product positioning expert and public speaking will leave success clues for all. For more information visit www.GrocerantGuru.com , www.FoodserviceSolutions.us or call 1-253-759-7869