NeilsenIQ recently noted that innovations in grocery store space is declining, with the total number of innovations across Germany, France, Spain, Italy and the UK amounting to 38,000 last year. Which was down from nearly 54,000 in 2019. NeilsenIQ noted that trend is continuing well into 2022.
Steven Johnson Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions® stated “with the continued decline in new product innovation Gen Z consumer have will like most other generations migrate to brands that their parents introduced them too.”
So, market research firm Morning Consult compiled a ranking of the brands that are most successfully winning over Generation Z (defined as consumers ages 18-25) in a new report entitled "Gen Z's Favorite Brands 2022."
Among Gen Z's favorite brands are:
· M&M's ranked No. 5 with 79.81 percent favorability
· Doritos ranked No. 8 with 79.32 percent favorability
· KitKat ranked No. 9 with 78.96 percent favorability
· Oreo ranked No. 10 with 78.57 percent favorability
· Gatorade ranked No. 11 with 78.54 percent favorability
· Cheetos ranked No. 13 with 77.45 percent favorability
· Sprite ranked No. 15 with 77.39 percent favorability
· Pringles ranked No. 16 with 76.71 percent favorability
· Skittles ranked No. 19 with 76.27 percent favorability
The manufacturers of these brands include Kellogg's, Mars Wrigley, Mondelēz International, Nestlé, PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Co.
Other findings of the report include:
· When compared with the general public, gummy candy maker Trolli came in at No. 8 among Gen Z's favorite brands. According to Trolli, the brand grew 21 percent year over year.
· The most popular brands among Gen Z men are Gatorade (No. 2) and M&M's (No. 10).
· The most popular brands among Gen Z women are M&M's (No. 5), Doritos (No. 6), Oreo (No. 8) and KitKat (No. 9).
Gen Z's Favorite Brands ranking uses data from Morning Consult Brand Intelligence, which fields tens of thousands of surveys across the globe every day on more than 4,000 brands and products.
Brand Intelligence data was collected May 1 to Aug. 21 among 16,053 adults per brand, including an average of 2,031 Gen Z adults.
The full Gen Z's Favorite Brands report for 2022 is available here.
For international corporate presentations, regional chain presentations, educational forums, or keynotes contact: Steven Johnson Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions. His extensive experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator, consultant, brand / product positioning expert, and public speaking will leave success clues for all. For more information visit GrocerantGuru.com, FoodserviceSolutions.US or call 1-253-759-7869