Grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food continues to be in high demand from consumers driving topline sales and bottom-line profits according to Steven Johnson Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®. Let’s look at some interesting facts about meals:
IRI’s Jonna Parker at the ‘Fresh Center’ found, “What we’re seeing happen in the meat industry over the last three years is in direct response that we used to eat 40% to 50% of our meals in restaurants and now we’re only eating 15% to 30% of meals in restaurants.” Here are more grocerant facts compiled by the team at Foodservice Solutions®.
1. 39% of consumers say they’re loyal to certain retailers because of specific prepared foods
2. 35% of retail foodservice consumers wait two to three hours to eat their food, and 21% wait 24 hours or more, according to Technomic’s U.S. Retail Foodservice report
3. No. 1 factor that consumers say would prompt them to purchase from retail foodservice is that the food looks good, and 27% of consumers say that fresher grab-and-go options would encourage them to make repeat purchases from a store’s prepared foods section.
4. No. 1 breakfast item is a breakfast sandwich/wrap, with 42% of consumers saying they’d purchase
5. Consumer Trend Report found, 92% of consumers said they expected to maintain or increase their purchases of grab-and-go items in the near future.
That said, Foxtrot officially opened its sixth location in the DMV region around Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. The space was developed by Foxtrot's in-house design team in partnership with interior designers Studio Saint and joins Foxtrot's five other DMV-area locations in Dupont, Georgetown, Mount Vernon Triangle, Bethesda and Old Town Alexandria.
So, the new store will offer an all-day café experience, complete with seasonal drinks, fresh smoothies, breakfast tacos and chef-prepared salads and bowls, along with grab-and-go meals for lunch and dinner. Shelf products will include everything from local craft beers and fine wines selected by an in-house sommelier to everyday essentials. All of its offerings will be available both in-store for pickup and via on-demand delivery through the brand's app.
Foxtrot marketed the store's opening with a celebration featuring live music, Foxtrot swag, food and drinks on Jan. 13. Store visitors who download and use the Foxtrot App opening week will receive a gift while supplies last.
In case you did not know, Foxtrot operates 23 retail locations throughout the Chicago, Dallas and Washington, D.C. metro areas. The retailer offers 30-minute delivery through the Foxtrot app and five-minute pickup in addition to a collection of curated goods and gift boxes available nationwide via its national shipping site. It currently carries more than 150 local products from over 50 local makers and plans to continue adding new brands to its shelves. Featured local brands include Nightingale ice cream, Ceremony Coffee, Anchor Beer and Little Sesame hummus, among others.
Where are you selling fresh flavorful food? Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities or a new menu product segment and brand and menu integration strategy. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit us on our social media sites by clicking one of the following links: Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter