Do you ever ask yourself what is the value of a partnership? At Chipotle the question is top of mind when thinking about how to drive growth in the messaging while edifying the brands message. According to Steven Johnson the first step is focus on the success of grocerant niche ‘halo’ of better for you”. Chipotle is staring 2023 off on the right foot by launching seven new Lifestyle Bowls and is promoting them through a “wellness-inspired” Snapchat lens.
According to Johnson, “Brand relevance is in part driven with innovation in new food products in combination with new avenues of distribution all of which are the platform for the new electricity.”
Johnson stated “that in my minds-eye the new electricity must be very efficient for the supply and includes such things as fresh foods, developing brands, unique urban clothing, grocerant positioning, fresh food messaging, autonomous delivery, cashier-less retail, plates, glasses, cash-less payments, digital hand-held marketing.
All retailers to survive the next generation of retail must embrace the artificial intelligence revolution while simultaneously embracing fresh food that is portable, fresh, with differentiation that is familiar not different.
So, according to a press release from the company, the lineup was inspired by Gen Z and millennial consumers, specifically. Gen Z consumers are more likely to count calories, eat clean and eat mindfully compared to their older counterparts, reports Food Insight, while millennial households also prioritize healthy, fresh and organic food over processed food, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Consumers’ increasing demand for healthier food is reflected in the growth of concepts such as Sweetgreen, Salad and Go, Salad Station, The Salad House, Salata, Just Salad and more.
Chipotle’s new Lifestyle Bowl lineup includes:
· Balanced Macros Bowl: Light white rice, black beans, chicken, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, guac, extra romaine lettuce
· Veggie Full Bowl: White rice, black beans, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, guac
· Wholesome Bowl: Supergreens lettuce blend, chicken, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, guac
· Grain Freedom Bowl: Supergreens lettuce blend, chicken, tomatillo-red chili salsa, tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese
· High Protein Bowl: White rice, black beans, double chicken, tomatillo-red chili salsa, cheese, romaine lettuce
· Plant-Powered Bowl: Supergreens lettuce blend, white rice, sofritas, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, guac
· Go Half Veggie Bowl: 1/2 chicken, 1/2 sofritas, supergreens lettuce blend, white rice, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, sour cream
Empowering hand-held marketing, notably, these bowls are available exclusively via digital channels as the chain maintains most of its digital sales (about 37%) from the throes of the pandemic. Executives have noted that digital channels generate higher sales and margins.
Chipotle is heavily promoting the lineup through Snapchat, where it created a “wellness-inspired” augmented reality lens aimed at encouraging consumers to exercise and mediate through “Chipotle-inspired” prompts. The lens launches on Snapchat on Jan. 13, also known as Quitter’s Day, when most people abandon their resolutions. The company notes this activation marks its first time promoting physical activity and wellness through an AR lens on Snapchat, which is used by nearly 60% of teenagers, according to Pew Research.
Don’t over reach. Are you ready for some fresh ideations? Do your food marketing ideations look more like yesterday than tomorrow? Interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions® can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Email us at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or visit us on our social media sites by clicking the following links: Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter
Post a Comment