Retail foodservice is littered with ‘look’ a like concepts from fast food restaurants, grocery stores, and convenience stores. However, according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions® there is one retailer that seems to be doing three of the most customer relevant things right today. That company is Farm Stores.
Dinner, lunch, snacking, or breakfast consumers want fresh food fast and at Farm Stores they have integrated consumers concerns into their concerns and they seem to be winning according to Johnson.
Here are the three things Johnson thinks Farm Stores are doing very well:
1. Customers can place orders at either the drive-thru,
2. At walk-up windows,
3. Orders can also be placed in advance using the Farm Stores mobile app.
You have to like this, Farm Stores bills itself as "the drive-thru version of the '10 Items or Less' checkout lane of your supermarket, plus the drive-thru version of your favorite coffee shop or convenience store."
Here is why they are doing what they are so good at:
1. Recent Grocerant ScoreCards found 82.3% of consumers don’t know what’s for dinner at Noon, and 61.1 don’t know what’ s for dinner at 4PM %.
2. 83.1% all dinners have at least 1 grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat meal component and 68.4% have two meal components.
3. When asked if they wanted to cook dinner from scratch or assemble dinner from fresh meal components 90.4 % of Gen Z chose assemble from Fresh Prepared Meal Components and Millennials 82.7% chose meal components.
4. Seventy-three percent of retail prepared food purchases are taken to go
5. Prepared food purchases are frequently a planned purchase among 59% of shoppers, while 41% of shoppers said they buy prepared foods on impulse. Dinner has the highest amount of prepared food buys with 79% of respondents making purchases for that meal, while lunch comes in at 77% and breakfast at 62%.
6. 55% of consumers would like to try autonomous EV delivery
Candy Clay, a general manager at Farm Stores, stated, "A lot of times you're getting off work you forgot something at the grocery store and don't want to go all the way back in the grocery, so you can drive-thru and get it," "Or, you have five kids and don't want to drag them all in to get eggs and milk, you got us."
Andrew Taylor, Farm Stores director of operations, stated, upon the opening of a new store in Toms River, NJ. "We think we have a product and a solution for the everyday consumer that benefits their daily lifestyle." The team at Foodservice Solutions® thinks so too!
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a Grocerant ScoreCard, or for product positioning or placement assistance, or call our Grocerant Guru®. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche. Contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or 253-759-7869
Post a Comment