Grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Heat are top of mind with consumers every November and December as consumers continue looking for a fresh fast alternative too cooking from scratch yet without going without their favorite’s flavors according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
Regular readers of this blog know that the consumer is evolving in way that save them both time and energy. So, let’s start of at looking at some fresh facts from the team at Foodservice Solutions®:
1. Recent Grocerant ScoreCards found 82.3% of consumers don’t know what’s for dinner at Noon, and 61.1 don’t know what’ s for dinner at 4PM %.
2. 83.1% all dinners have at least 1 grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat meal component and 68.4% have two meal components.
3. When asked if they wanted to cook dinner from scratch or assemble dinner from fresh meal components 90.4 % of Gen Z chose assemble from Fresh Prepared Meal Components and Millennials 82.7% chose meal components.
4. Seventy-three percent of retail prepared food purchases are taken to go
5. Prepared food purchases are frequently a planned purchase among 59% of shoppers, while 41% of shoppers said they buy prepared foods on impulse. Dinner has the highest amount of prepared food buys with 79% of respondents making purchases for that meal, while lunch comes in at 77% and breakfast at 62%.
6. 55% of consumers would like to try autonomous EV delivery
No need wait for Thanksgiving you can now get some of you favorite flavors any way you like at GetGo Café + Market. GetGo is famous for stuffing Thanksgiving dinner into a sub. Well, this year they have added two more non-traditional ways to enjoy that most traditional of meals.
Joining the Pilgrim Sub this fall are the Pilgrim Go Bowl and the Pilgrim Go Ritto, a stuffed burrito, for more great ways to enjoy a Thanksgiving feast with a GetGo twist.
Jon Cox, GetGo VP and Chief Merchant, stated, “For many of our customers, the annual arrival of the Pilgrim Sub is as much a part of fall as football tailgates and hayrides,” … “The addition of the Pilgrim Go Bowl and Pilgrim Go Ritto give our customers the opportunity to enjoy the Pilgrim’s unique flavor combination in new, fun and convenient ways.”
So, like it did with the Pilgrim Sub, GetGo has included only the best of Thanksgiving dinner in the Pilgrim Go Bowl and Pilgrim Go Ritto (juicy oven-roasted turkey, rich gravy, melted Wisconsin white cheddar cheese, tangy cranberry sauce and secret recipe stuffing bread or loaded with savory stuffing). No green bean casserole or candied yams.
You had better hurry as the Pilgrim Sub, Pilgrim Go Bowl and Pilgrim Go Ritto are available now at most GetGo locations through November 27.
Don’t over reach. Are you ready for some fresh ideations? Do your food marketing ideations look more like yesterday than tomorrow? Interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions® can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Email us at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or visit us on our social media sites by clicking the following links: Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter
Post a Comment