When you are tired, on your way home from work, and don’t know what’s for dinner; Schnuck Markets wants you to think about their grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared meals and meal components first.
1. Recent Grocerant ScoreCards found 81.1% of consumers don’t know what’s for dinner at Noon, and 61.1 don’t know what’ s for dinner at 4PM %.
2. Roughly 63.7% of consumers purchase prepared food items from a retail location at least three times a month.
3. 79.6% all dinners have at least 1 grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat meal component and 66.6% have two meal components.
4. When asked if they wanted to cook dinner from scratch or assemble dinner from fresh meal components 91.3 % of Gen Z chose assemble from Fresh Prepared Meal Components and Millennials 83.4% chose meal components.
6. Prepared food purchases are frequently a planned purchase among 61.2% of shoppers, while 40.9% of shoppers said they buy prepared foods on impulse. Dinner has the highest amount of prepared food buys with 81.7% of respondents making purchases for that meal, while lunch comes in at 76.9% and breakfast at 61.4%.Looking more like a restaurant ordering counter than a legacy grocery store deli, Schnuck Markets has expanded its Deli Order Ahead program with the addition of touchscreen kiosks at another 30 stores.
That’s right, self-service kiosks enable shoppers to order sliced meat and cheese, salads and prepared foods without having to wait on line at the deli counter, just like restaurants offer. So, customer after entering their smartphone number, customers receive a text when their order is ready. The text tells them to pick up their order at the cooler next to the kiosk.
Schnucks noted that the 30 new stores offering Deli Order Ahead also can use the service remotely via the Schnucks Rewards app, allowing them to place deli orders from home for same-day pickup.
With Deli Order Ahead, Schnucks customers can skip the line at the deli counter by placing orders for sliced meat and cheese, salads and prepared foods via touchscreen kiosks. Now when you are at work, tired and don’t want a quick service restaurant meal, you can go to Schnuck Markets.
Chace MacMullan, senior director of digital experience at Schnuck Markets, stated, “The kiosks offer a simple, convenient, and pain-free alternative to fulfilling orders placed at the deli counter... “This is one of the many ways we are providing customers best-in-fresh solutions while also making it easier for teammates to manage orders at the deli counter.”Currently, Schnucks now has Deli Order Ahead stations at 67 stores. Stores adding the Deli Order Ahead kiosks include 15 locations in Missouri, 14 in Illinois and one in Indiana. Overall, Schnucks operates 111 supermarkets in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. shoppers to order custom cakes via the Schnucks Rewards app and the Schnucks website for pickup in the bakery department. At launch, the service made its debut at 95 stores. The supermarket chain also offers order-ahead capability in its prepared foods and floral departments. Who is selling dinner to your customers?
Looking for success clues of your own? Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced food marketing and business development ideations. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities, technology, or a new menu product segment. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit us on our social media sites by clicking one of the following links: Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter