Ready-2-eat fresh prepared food driving C-store sales. Want to drive customers from the gas pump into the store? It’s time to try fresh ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat food and hot and cold beverages. CSNews reports “Beverage purchases are still No. 1 when it comes to converting gas pump sales into convenience store sales, but foodservice is quickly catching up, according to the 2012 NACS Consumer Fuels Report. The study shows 48 percent of gas purchasers never set foot in a c-store. However, among the remaining 52 percent, one out of every four customers said they regularly purchase drinks.”
The study looks at sales via day-part as well: “33 percent of beverage purchasers do so in the morning. Also, customers aged 18 to 24 are most likely to purchase drinks, the report revealed. Forty-three percent of customers in that age group said they purchase beverages in the store, while only 19 percent of consumers aged 50 or older reported doing so.”
Food is fast becoming common place, the NACS' research found, “28 percent of those surveyed said they would be "very likely" or "somewhat likely" to buy food at a c-store. Nine percent of respondents said they had eaten food at a c-store within the past day, and 43 percent said they purchased c-store food within the last month.”
Invite Foodservice Solutions® to complete a grocerant program assessment, brand, product placement or positioning assistance. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant or twitter.com/grocerant.