There are five undercurrents of growth that are driving the continued expansion of grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh food in 2017 according to Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru® Steven Johnson.
Foodservice Solutions® has conducted in excess of 6,677 Grocerant ScoreCards. Non-client specific information garnered from those Grocerant ScoreCards during 2016 was the source for our findings. The five undercurrents driving grocerant growth are:
1. Increase in competition for share of stomach: Companies the ilk of EveryTable, New Seasons Market, Eat Fit Go, and Green Zebra Grocery.
2. Expanded Mix and Match Meal Bundling : Restaurants the ilk of Essen Slow Food Fast, Freshii, Moaz, Native Foods Café, Veggie Grill, Safeway, Publix, Rutter’s Farm Stores, Sheetz, and Wawa.
3. Customization and or Personalization of menu items drive’s Gen Z and Millennial adoption. Without doubt retailers that edify there retail food brand are creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization and customer adoption.
4. Small plates, Bold flavors, and Portability: Takeout, TakeAway, and ToGo menu items sold in a restaurant, c-store, drug store, club store, furniture store, or grocery stores via a drive-thru, online, mobile, featuring authentic ethnic flavors regardless of the type of retail outlet for quick pick-up or delivery continue to drive adoption.
5. Price : maybe Aldi said it best “Poor people must save, rich people like too”
Simply put Grocerant ScoreCards provide real-time customer relevance in our data dependent intelligence age according to our own Grocerant Guru®. Do you understand the undercurrents of change driving foodservice growth in 2017? Do you understand the importance of integrating consumer relevance into your brand messaging?
For international corporate presentations, educational forums, or keynotes contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us the Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®. His extensive experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator, consultant, brand / product positioning expert and public speaking will leave success clues for all. Visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information