Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru® Steven Johnson continues to work with manufactures and retailers positioning Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food. So, what does out team think will see as emerging trends in 2017?
1. Increased offering of prepacked meals, meal components with full flavor. Specifically multicultural consumers will demand more options in Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food that reflect their heritage. Specifically in the US we will see Vietnamese, Korean, Philippines, and Spanish influence will continue to grow.
2. “Better for you” foods including seafood that are lower in fats with high protein sold as Ready-2-Eat mix and match meal components bundled with vegetables.
3. Digital Marketing of fresh food will offer “What’s for Dinner” specials of seasonal items Salmon in the fall, cod in the winter, Lobster in the summer, priced with equal portions of seasonal urgency and ease of preparation on a platform of convenience.
4. Fast, Fresh Simple will be the retail meal mantra fresh prepared meal kits, meals and grab-N-go will drive retail foodservice growth in 2017.
5. Plates, Portions, and Protein restaurants will once again begin using smaller dinner plates, grocery stores will increasingly sell smaller single serve portioned meal components, and protein will return to appropriate size more in line with FDA portion guidelines.
The halo of ‘better-for-you’ will continue to be a key undercurrent developing in 2017 according to the team at Foodservice Solutions®. Grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food both as meals and meal components will expand into new non-traditional retail locations. Thus expanding customer migration, elevating disruption for traditional chain restaurants, while pantry busting legacy grocery stores.
Interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions 5P’s of Food Marketing can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Email us at: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us or visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information.