Market share slipping, customer counts tracking downward is your restaurant capitulating market share as fast as KFC is in the United States? Don’t let your brand become more a reflection of yesterday than tomorrow. It time to look at within the grocerant niche at Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat food that is ‘better for you’. That’s just what Millennials are looking for.
So you think your know all about then well here are just some of the common misconceptions; Millennials are narcissistic, Millennials are broke, Millennials are frivolous spenders. While food marketers look for answers on how to attract the 77 million Millennials in the United States here are some clues from Nielsen’s report 'break the myths' of millennial generation.
Key highlights from the study:
· Diverse, expressive and optimistic: Millennials are characterized by more than just their age. As a group, they’re more racially and ethnically diverse than any previous generation. They value self-expression and artistic pursuits. They’ve been hard hit by the recent turbulence in the economy, but their high education levels and optimism foreshadow their potential future success.
· Driving a social movement back to the cities: If they’re not still living with mom and dad, Millennials are fueling an urban revolution looking for the vibrant, creative energy cities offering a mix of housing, shopping and offices right outside their doorstep. They’re walkers and less interested in the car culture that defined baby boomers.
· Struggling, but they have an entrepreneurial spirit: They’ve been hit particularly hard by the Great Recession. They’re dealing with high unemployment, low income and high student loans as they try to establish themselves. However, invention is the daughter of invention and some Millennials have hit it big by investing in startups and following the own entrepreneurial pursuits.
· Deal shoppers and desire authenticity: Given their small paychecks, they are savvy shoppers always on the lookout for a good deal. Millennials put a premium on authentic, handmade, locally produced goods – and they’re willing to pay more for products from companies with social impact programs. Getting a good deal is a priority, but they won’t compromise on quality. They want to feel good about what they buy.
· Connected and want the personal touch: Technology defines Millennials. They sleep with their mobiles and post status updates from the bathroom. When interacting with companies via social media, they value authenticity – they want to feel like they have a personal, direct interaction with the brand – and in return, they’ll advocate and endorse that brand.
Nothing says authentic like Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food. Since many are walkers small local retail food outlets with the messaging that edifies local, fresh and portable sell. On the run, time tarve Millennials still have time to endorse you and your food via social media something no other generation has done.
Interested in learning how Foodservice Solutions 5P’s of Food Marketing can edify your retail food brand while creating a platform for consumer convenient meal participation, differentiation and individualization? Visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us or call: 253-759-7869