Foodservice Solutions®, Grocerant Guru® an ardent practitioner of the 5 P’s of Food Marketing, advocates for customer interactive participation, transparent marketing, fresh local sustainable food products, new non-traditional points of fresh food distribution insist that Price Matters.
When Arby’s introduced Sliders, a lineup of mini sandwiches featuring five of the same high-quality proteins offered on the core menu: roast beef, chicken, corned beef, ham, and jalapeño roast beef. The team at Foodservice Solutions® knew they would be a hit.
During the month of September, Arby’s guests responded to the mini meat marvels by purchasing 29 million of them that is nearly 1 million Sliders per day and roughly 300 Sliders sold daily per Arby’s restaurant across America. Remember our Grocerant Guru® says any menu item can be deemed a snack or meal and in this case Price was the driving force.
Here are some stats Arby’s provided proving good things come in small packages:
- The most Sliders sold in a single day was 1,494 in Jasper, Alabama on September 18.
- The combined weight of all Sliders sold in September equals the weight of five Statues of Liberty.
- If you were to eat one Slider per day, it would take you 79,452 years to consume the 29 million Sliders Arby’s sold in September.
- Arby’s sold enough Sliders in September to feed the entire population of one of the world’s most populous cities, Shanghai, and still have 3 million Sliders left over.
- Sliders have a been a major hit across America, but there were specific states that showed extra love for specific meats:
· The state with the most Roast Beef Slider orders was South Carolina.
· Chicken Sliders had more action in Connecticut than any other state.
· New Yorkers love their Corned Beef, and that trend continued with more Corned Beef
- Sliders ordered in New York than any other state.
· The state with the most Ham orders was North Dakota.
· Guests in New Mexico ordered more Jalapeno Roast Beef Sliders than any other state.
Rob Lynch, CMO and Brand President of Arby’s Restaurant Group Inc. stated: “Sliders combine snack-sized value with the high-quality proteins we’re known for and this is a winning proposition with our guests. We’re selling an average of several hundred per day, per restaurant, with our current one-day record at nearly 1,500 in a single day.”
Success does leave clues and today price continues to drive frequency, customer adoption, and top line sales and bottom line profits. Visit: www.GrocerantGuru.com or Email: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us for information on how you can edify sales at your operation.