Are the windows on your restaurant clean? Is your front door inviting free of grime, free of fingerprints, with a clean open sign? Those are just some of the basics that consumers are demanding as retail foodservice companies begin to reopen according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
There is a battle for Share of Stomach underway and clean is the new minimum standard according to Johnson. Back in the day every restaurant in America knew that QSC stood for. Here I will remind those of your who were not around back in the day Quality Service and Cleanliness. QSC were top of mind for anyone wanting to build a chain restaurant and a standard not forgotten by industry insiders or chain leaders today.
According to a new study by Magid, “Almost half of consumers—47%—trust restaurants and bars to take the necessary steps to ensure their health and safety in the future. But near-term confidence is lower, the survey found, with only 31% of consumers planning to dine in within the next three months.”
Let’s see what else they found:
1. 57% of respondents said they expect to visit a restaurant by the fall. The study revealed that certain sanitation and safety protocols may influence a decision to dine in sooner.
2. 64% would consider an earlier visit if a restaurant installed automatic doors.
3. 56% would like restaurants to provide personal sanitation kits at each table.
4. 55% would feel more at ease if visible hand-washing stations for employees were installed.
5. 39% will avoid ordering beverages that are not served in the original can or bottle.
6. 41% will avoid exchanging cash when dining at restaurants, bars or cafes.
Those are telling numbers. So, I ask once again is your restaurant clean? Are your windows clean?
Foodservice Solutions® team is here to help you drive top line sales and bottom-line profits. Are you looking a customer ahead? Visit GrocerantGuru.com for more information or contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us Remember success does leave clues and we just may the clue you need to propel your continued success.