While Millennials are starting to buy houses and have children most Gen Z of college age or preparing for what comes after high school. One thing is clear like the generation before from the want to discover the world, and want it be a different world than that of their grandparents, parents, or even Millennials according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
Here is why Gen Z has become so important to foodservice they account for 27% of the U.S. population. Like the generation before them Gen Z’s has a desire for seamless digital experiences, purpose, and convenience all fast, where digital differentiation is discovery that they can share.
Here are some of our ideations to help you reach Gen Z:
· Esports present a platform that is ‘new’, digital, interactive and indoor and can be viewed from a mobile devise. Consider a tie-in or video wall inside your foodservice store front.
· Handheld video the ilk of Twitch and other video game streaming services, are a perfect platform for product placement.
· Driving in-store foodservice frequency will require a high level of digital engagement, along with a interactive platform that can be simultaneously accessed as Gen Z likes to do more than one thing at a time.
· Food must have a platform of ‘full’ flavor with a story filled with authenticity. Once again Gen Z likes handheld food for immediate consumption but with a twist. They are looking for items that have a ‘halo’ of better for you.
· Given their propensity of everything digital food delivery is a platform that must have been designed for Gen Z as there is no migration to food delivery. Fast fresh full-flavored food delivered is simply a form of convenience they will not give up.
Success does leave clues. One clue that time and time again continues to resurface is “the consumer is dynamic not static” Gen Z will be more demanding, less patient, in search of ‘the next big thing for some time to come.
Regular readers of this blog know that ‘The Consumer is dynamic not static’ is the common refrain of Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®. Our Grocerant Guru® can help your company 253-759-7869.