Success does leave clues and engaging customer via social media is a necessity for brand awareness, product trial, and sales according to Steven Johnson, Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®.
Do you invest enough in in social media to drive sales? Remember when industry ‘buzz’ would drive sales for a branded product or how a newspaper review would drive sales for a new restaurant? Well, today you need that and even more in the way of social media according to Johnson.,
In a new survey by MGH determined that nearly half (45 percent) of U.S. diners said they’ve tried a restaurant for the first time because of a social media post made by the establishment itself, while 21 percent claimed posts could be a deterrent. Further, 22 percent said a restaurant’s social post enticed them to return.
Note: Of respondents who actively follow and engage with restaurants on social media, 74% say they are more likely to visit or order food from those establishments. Here are some other notable stats:
· 42 percent of U.S. diners say they have interacted with restaurants on at least one social media platform. Of that group, 66 percent said they are more likely to visit or order food from the restaurant.
· 13 percent of U.S. diners say a restaurant’s social media post has discouraged them from returning to a restaurant.
· 36 percent of U.S. diners follow restaurants on social media, and 39% of that group mainly do so to help determine if they want to dine in or order food from the restaurant.
· 89 percent of U.S. diners have a social media account.
· 62 percent of U.S. diners say they log on to their social media accounts several times per day.
Don’t over look the importance of messaging to your customers via social media even if you only have one unit, five units, twenty units, or 44 units. Success does leave clues and evolving is one of them.
Looking for success clues of your own? Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced food marketing and business development ideations. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities, technology, or a new menu product segment. Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma WA is the global leader in the Grocerant niche visit Facebook.com/Steven Johnson, Linkedin.com/in/grocerant/ or twitter.com/grocerant
Battle for Share of Stomach